Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blog Analysis

I chose to analyze the blog entitled "Cari." It is a very simply designed blog, with not too many things to catch the eye. This could have been done in order to draw the attention of the viewer further to the content of the posts instead of leaving them looking at images. Cari uses a white background which gives off a slightly professional tone. Although, she changes the color of the text with each post which asserts her individuality and creativity. Overall, this blog seems to show readers that the author is a cheery and creative writer while keeping a professional attitude towards her posts.

3 comments:

Nick Tambakeras said...

Good point about the relationship between limited color and graphics and the author's desire to emphasize the content rather than advertise something. That's why academic journals and "serious" scholarly publications tend to be very plain and why magazines like Maxim and People tend to have a lot going on. Different audience, different purpose.

chris said...

Yes Ben, I get overwhelmed with pictures and I am relieved when a web site or blog is simple. I would be more inclined to leave feed back on a blog that is not trying to impress me, but simply trying to inform me. I liked the magazine example that the teacher brought up. they are two very audiences,

Brittany said...

I agree with how you said she choose white as a more professional color, but does make it unique by using different colors for each post. I also liked how it was not overflowing with colors and pictures and everything was very simple to find. She also does use a professional attitude towards her readers. Its not her at home journal she recognizes her audience, as said in the other posts.